Today I am going to share with you my next project, which is learning everything I can about essential oils. I am in the process of researching my options for selling and offering classes on my future YouTube Channel. So, right now there are classes to take and networking to do. This is something that I am very passionate about and might one day have a whole site just for essential oils.
Yet, for now, I would like to tell you a little about my favorite oils. First, is lavender, mainly because it’s purple, my extremely favorite color. Along with the fact that smells like fresh flowers and has a calming effect on people. Very good to help with sleep and night terrors. Second, is lemon, mainly for the crisp zing it has when you smell it. Also, I love a good tart lemonade in the summer, or anytime for that matter. Third, is orange, this one has such a sweet citrusy smell, like you know it’s an orange just by its smell. Finally, these are my three favorites, I know there are many more, but the smell of these three bring back memories of my youth.
What is Essential Oil?
Essential oils are extracted through careful steam distillation or cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted. Flowers, leaves, stems, seeds, fruits, and roots can be all used or only parts of the plant.
Some uses for lavender, lemon, and orange:
My number one favorite: Lavender
- Helps you fall asleep
- To freshen the laundry
- Helps with stress
- SunBurn: That’s a new one on me; guess we learn something every day.
- Cleaning: My husband would hate it, can’t stand the smell-thinks it’s too overpowering.
- As a bath soak
- Facial Scrub
My number two favorite: Lemon
- Cleaning: I think my husband could handle this one better.
- Food/Drink: I love anything with lemon- I might have to try it in my lemon squares and lemonade, instead of lemon juice.
- Polish Silver: So need to try this with my silver teaspoons.
- Good for cleaning kitchen cutting boards
- Helps to soothe cold sores
The third and final oil is: Orange
- Air Freshener
- Help to lift your spirits
- Disinfectant Spray
- Furniture Polish
- Helps the immune system
- Helps to boost self-esteem: I could really use this one most days’
Well, there you have my three favorite essential oils. It’s funny that as I researched them for this post that they seem to have most of some uses, I believe it might be the fact that they are acidic in nature.
Now, it’s your turn, let me know in the comments which is your favorite essential oil.